What is a Core and a Core Charge?
Cores are the used parts that may be returned for credit when purchasing rebuildable parts. New, used, and remanufactured products may have a core charge. We send cores to our rebuilders to create a remanufactured part. Having a core charge on most rebuildable parts helps us keep our prices low, is a great way to recycle, and ensures there is product available for the next customer. If a core deposit is shown, this charge will be added to your total at the time of sale but is refundable upon the return of your rebuildable original part. Cores are valuable to us; we need them back on a timely basis to be rebuilt so we have product to sell to the next customers.
Core Return Policy
- Cores must be drained of all fluid or the core credit will not be refunded.
- Cores must be returned within 30 days to receive core credit.
- All cores must be the exact equal of the part purchased
- Cores must be complete, assembled, unmodified, and in rebuildable condition to receive full credit.
- Cores must be returned in the same box your new/remanufactured part came in. This applies especially to alternators, starters, Bosch parts, brake calipers and steering racks. (If your part came in a generic brown box don’t worry it.)
- Once accepted for return, cores returned to Parts Place are thrown into a bin for rebuilding and become generic. A specific core cannot be returned to a customer for any reason.
- Core return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer and are not refundable.