Returns and Warranties
Return and Warranties
We value you as a customer and will make every effort to make you happy. There are only so many Volkswagen owners out there and we do not want to lose you as a customer. If for any reason our product does not meet your expectations, we’ll try to quickly resolve any issue to your satisfaction through technical assistance, exchanges, credit or refund. That said, we do have to have some common sense rules and provisions to ensure we can stay in business. If you have an issue, please review the information below and call us so we can resolve the problem.
||If you discover damage or losses caused in shipping; save all packaging material, including the box, and call us immediately @ (586) 757-2300. We will then likely instruct you to contact UPS or the appropriate carrier, but start with us to save some time.
- You may return most parts and cores within 30 days from the original ship date. (see return policy below)
- Call (586) 757-2300 for a Return Authorization Number
- Complete the return form sent with your invoice and include it with the parts being returned.
- The original invoice must be included with both part and core returns for you to receive a refund. We will cross off the returned items and return the original to you.
- Return packages must be sent shipping charges prepaid. COD packages will not be accepted.
- Allow up to 3 weeks from date of shipment for processing refunds and exchanges.
- Upon inspection and acceptance of a qualified return, a credit or refund will be issued in the same form as the original payment.
- Please return all merchandise to the following address:
Parts Place, Inc.
5510 E 10 Mile Rd
Warren, MI 48091
- Parts must be returned in the original packaging (ie mfg box) within 30 days of invoice date for a refund of purchase price.
- Parts must be returned in new, saleable condition, with all packaging, clean and in order.
- Parts that have been installed, used, disassembled or altered in any way are not returnable.
- No returns on electrical products, fuel related parts, books, computer modules, scanners, tools, videos or CD's.
- No returns on special orders.
- No returns of a partial kit or set.
- Parts returned without a Return Authorization Number and an original invoice will not be processed.
What is a Core and a Core Charge?
Cores are the used parts that may be returned for credit when purchasing rebuildable parts. New, used, and remanufactured products may have a core charge. We send cores to our rebuilders to create a remanufactured part. Having a core charge on most rebuildable parts helps us keep our prices low, is a great way to recycle, and ensures there is product available for the next customer. If a core deposit is shown, this charge will be added to your total at the time of sale but is refundable upon the return of your rebuildable original part. Cores are valuable to us; we need them back on a timely basis to be rebuilt so we have product to sell to the next customers.
Core Return Policy
- Cores must be drained of all fluid or the core credit will not be refunded.
- Cores must be returned within 30 days to receive core credit.
- All cores must be the exact equal of the part purchased
- Cores must be complete, assembled, unmodified, and in rebuildable condition to receive full credit.
- Cores must be returned in the same box your new/remanufactured part came in. This applies especially to alternators, starters, Bosch parts, brake calipers and steering racks. (If your part came in a generic brown box don’t worry it.)
- Once accepted for return, cores returned to Parts Place are thrown into a bin for rebuilding and become generic. A specific core cannot be returned to a customer for any reason.
- Core return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer and are not refundable.
Limited Warranty with Every Product
Parts Place is committed to provide you with the very best products available worldwide. We are so confident in our standard of quality that we warranty every item to be free of defects. If a product sold by Parts Place is proved to be defective within 60 days of purchase we will replace that product. Warranty applies to the original buyer with receipt. The liability of this warranty is limited to the value of the goods purchased and excludes normal wear and tear.
In addition, some of our high value items are covered by an extended warranty. Call for details.
Warranty Legalese, Small Print, Etc
- Products damaged as a result of abuse, misuse, neglect, accident, off road use, improper installation or use for any purpose other than its intended purpose will not be covered by the warranty. The warranty does NOT extend to or apply to any unit which has been repaired or altered.
- Parts Place, Inc. maximum liability shall not in any case exceed the purchase price for the products purchased from Parts Place and claimed to be defective.
- The warranty does not cover shipping charges, labor expenses, towing expenses, rental car expenses, ripped shirts, or any other incidental costs, real or imagined.
- Warranty returns are processed by repairing or replacing the defective part at Parts Place discretion.
- We cannot ship out a replacement part until we have received the potentially defective part and confirmed it is in fact defective and covered under the warranty. If an immediate replacement part is required before the warranty claim can be processed it will need to be purchased prior to shipping. A credit will be issued once the defective part has been received and the warranty claim approved. If the original part was not defective and therefore the warranty claim was not approved; the part will be returned to the customer with no credit being issued.
- Parts Place will not be liable for any loss, incidental nor consequential damages of any kind, whether based upon warranty, contract or negligence, and arising in connection with the sale, use or repair of the products. Parts Place will not be responsible for any damage or loss caused by delays, failures or other consequential damage, nor for labor, transportation or any other charges incurred in the replacement or repair of a defective item.
When you place an order, request a catalog, join our email list, or request a part we collect your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card information (only if place an order) and information about your VW. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We may also use this information to communicate advance notice of events or to tell you about new product and services. We will not share your information with any third part outside of our organization other than as necessary fulfill your request, e.g.to ship an order. Any changes to this policy will be posted on this page. This page has an effective date of January 15, 2014. If you would like to update or correct any information we have on file, or if you'd like to be taken off our email or mailing lists, send an email to email@example.com or call us at 586.757.2300.